WINKS + WHIMS
cosmetic tattoo, injections, fine line tattoo + permanent jewelry
Empowered women, empower women.
fine line body tattoo info.
X Information about our fine line tattooing services:
LAUALINES | JUNIOR TATTOO ARTIST
Everybody deserves a space to get tattooed where they feel safe, included and comfortable. I am available to answer any questions or concerns through my email and DM.
Important Information to know Before you Book:
• I do not tattoo anyone under the age of 18! I do check ID on clients who appear younger.
• Things I don't tattoo; ribs (I'll tattoo the sternum but not the side of the ribs), Insides of fingers, face, stomach.
• I do not do tattoo colour work. Only black, diluted black, red and white. I am not interested in working with colour, though there are many talented artists in Okotoks/Calgary that are colour artists!
• My specialty is small (‘tiny tats’) and fine-line tattoos. Due to the nature of my tattoos, I do not do cover ups.
• I currently do not charge by the hour but by the piece.
• Tattoos are by appointment only and I do not take walk-ins.
When contacting me Inquiries must include:
-Details of your tattoo design: Specific font names, initials, names, types of ink colours (black, white, red, diluted black) etc. (BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE)
-Size (in inches)
-How many tattoos and where you would like each.
Please allow me at least 48 hours to reply to your inquiry.
• Please ensure to reach out via email/DM BEFORE you book your appointment with details of your tattoo design including all photos and/or specific font name, initials, names, etc. (BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE)
• Any revisions that are requested require 48 hours notice prior to your appointment.
• I currently do not charge by the hour but by the piece. Feel free to submit as many tattoos as you'd like. You'll receive a price breakdown when I reply to your inquiry!
Booking your appointment:
Appointments for all services can only be made via our online booking system. We do not book any appointments in person, over the phone, dm, or via email.
How much will it cost?
• Up to 2” x 2” - $75
• Up to 3” x 3” - $100
• Up to 4” x 4” - $125
• Bundles - 3-5 2" pieces - $179
Sizes greater than 5”, custom work, and/or multiples of any listed tattoos (ie. sticker sleeves) in one single appointment - please reach out via email or DM! I am happy to provide you with an estimate before your appointment! (Estimates are strictly estimates; final costs may differ.)
Is it possible to book more than one tattoo in a session?
Yes! Please reach out if you’re looking to get multiple small tattoos in one sitting via email or DM for a quote.
Before your Appointment:
• The week of please moisturize the areas where you will be tattooed. Moisturized skin tattoos better!
• Make sure you've eaten and kept hydrated throughout the day of.
CAN I BRING FAMILY/FRIENDS TO MY APPOINTMENT?
If you wish to bring support please reach out PRIOR to your appointment day. I 100% understand that you can be nervous and need a hand to hold during your appointment.
The space I work in is small and support may not be permitted for longer appointments.
• Tattoos can be uncomfortable and pain will vary depending on the person, day, placement and pain tolerance. Please discuss with me if you are contemplating using numbing cream. If you show up to your appointment with numbing cream I will have to reschedule your appointment. If you have any questions as to why, please contact me!
• Aftercare is very important and will require you to pay extra attention to your tattoo as it heals. Please wear dark, loose clothing around the area that will be tattooed. Complete healing for a tattoo takes about 3-4 weeks, ensure you do not have plans that include swimming/soaking, sweating or being exposed to UV rays for long periods of time.
• If we have not already discussed your tattoo via email/Instagram DM, you are expected to send me a reference photo(s) and sizing (in inches) to ensure that we can have an agreed-upon sketch minimum 48 hours BEFORE your appointment.
What can I expect during my appointment?
• Your appointment will consist of minor sketch adjustments (sizing/placement).
• You will be asked to remove clothing covering the area where I will be tattooing. Make sure you wear dark, loose clothing around the tattoo so it doesn’t get dirty or constrict you during longer appointments!
• The area being tattooed will be cleaned and shaved. I will stencil on the tattoo where we discuss if the size and placement is okay!
• We will then get started!
• I use bactine and green soap to clean the tattoo. Green Soap cleans the tattoo and removes excess ink and Bactine helps with redness and pain.
• Please let me know about any allergies you have the day of or prior to your appointment!
• You’ll receive aftercare information after the appointment is over via the way you contacted me! If you’d like a printed copy please let me know!
Never feel the need to apologize for body hair, sweat, taking a break, needing to change the place of the stencil, etc!
How can I keep my tattoo looking fresh?
• Ensure you are wearing sunscreen ALWAYS on all exposed areas to the sun.
• Moisturize the areas often. If you want to step it up a notch, you can use Aquaphor or Tattoo Enhancing lotions found at your local pharmacy.
• Take care of your tattoo when it's healing! Avoid scratching and picking your tattoo as well as abrasive clothes, scrubs and loofah while the tattoo is healing for the first 2 weeks.
I appreciate clients taking it upon themselves to make sure they are emotionally, mentally and financially ready for their tattoo appointments to ensure there are no last-minute cancellations or no-shows.
Please let me know as soon as you can that you can not make your appointment!
ALL NO-SHOWS AND/OR LAST MINUTE CANCELLATIONS WILL BE CHARGED A 25% RE-BOOKING FEE.
Zero patience policy for discrimination:
Any type of belittling, body shaming, discrimination, homophobia, racism, sexism, transphobia or exclusivity is not tolerated.
All additional information and questions regarding FINE LINE TATTOOING can be found on our technician's Instagram @laualines and/or by email firstname.lastname@example.org